General safety advice
- Keep things local. Meet the seller in person, check the item and make sure you are satisfied with it before you make a payment.
- Exchange item and payment at the same time. Buyers – don’t make any payments before receiving an item. Sellers – don’t send an item before receiving payment.
- Use common sense. Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
- Never give out financial information. This includes bank account details, eBay/PayPal info, and any other information that could be misused.
Scams and frauds to watch out for
- Fake payment services. Luumoo.gm does not offer any form of payment scheme or protection. Please report any emails claiming to offer such services. Avoid using online payment services or escrow sites unless you are 100% sure that they are genuine.
- Fake information requests. Luumoo.gm never sends emails requesting your personal details. If you receive an email asking you to provide your personal details to us, do not open any links. Please report the email and delete it.
- Fake fee requests. Avoid anyone that ask for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. Luumoo.gm never requests payments for its basic services, and doesn't allow items that are not located in The Gambia, so import and brokerage fees should never be required
- Requests to use money transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. These services are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid requests to use these services.
Luumoo.gm's safety measures
We work continuously to ensure you have a safe, enjoyable experience on Luumoo.gm.
Our safety measures include:
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam.
- Making constant improvements to our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes.
- Tracking reports of suspicious or illegal activity to prevent offenders from using the site again.
- Providing safety advice to help you protect yourself.
Reporting a safety issue
If you feel that you have been the victim of a scam, please report your situation to us immediately.
If you believe you have been cheated, we also encourage you to contact your local police department.